- What are the salient technical features of the Continuum 250 integrated amplifie... [Article]
As typical for JRDG products, the entire chassis of the Continuum 250 is milled from a solid, massive block of 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum to provide a vibration-free and EMI resistant enc
- What are the salient technical features of the Continuum 500 integrated amplifie... [Article]
As typical of JRDG products, the entire chassis of the Continuum is milled from a solid, massive block of 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum to provide a vibration-free and EMI resista
- What are the salient technical features of the Criterion reference preamplifier? [Article]
Dual chassis for maximum electrical/EMI/RF isolation.
2 massive chassis machined from single blocks of aircraft grade Aluminum are insensitive to mechanical resonances.
- Does Criterion feature a full function remote control? [Article]
Yes, the Criterion reference preamplifier features a full function infrared remote control transmitter. The remote control transmitter duplicates support for every function also available fro
- How to change the batteries of Criterion’s remote control transmitter? [Article]
Criterion’s remote control transmitter is powered by 2 standard alkaline double-A (AA) batteries. When the remote begins to weakens, or no longer functions, its batteries need to be replaced
- How to select battery/AC operation on Criterion? [Article]
...power and AC mode operation can be selected from Criterion’s front panel, as well as from its remote control transmitter. * From the main control panel
- Does Criterion switch automatically to battery operation once its batteries are ... [Article]
...ttery power mode operation must be selected manually from Criterion’s front panel or from its remote control transmi
- Does Criterion switch automatically to AC operation when the battery charge is d... [Article]
Yes, while Criterion is operating in battery mode, as soon as its batteries have discharged to approximately 12.5%, operations are switched automatically to its AC regulated power supply, and battery ...
- What are the benefits of Criterion's dual chassis configuration? [Article]
The dual chassis design is an integral part of Criterion’s uncompromising multiple tier isolation strategy. The design isolates all audio signals from any residual noise generated by the power s...
- How to disconnect Criterion’s remote sensor wire? [Article]
If the remote sensor wire has been oriented correctly, and the side labeled “PRE-AMP END” is connected to the preamplifier control chassis, perform the following: To disconnect the
- How to activate Criterion’s standby mode? [Article]
While Criterion is in active operation mode, the preamplifier can be placed in standby mode by any of the following methods:
From the control panel, tap the standby pushbutton
- How can Criterion's output volume offset be reliably returned to the neutra... [Article]
When output volume offset is selected, its current value is shown dynamically on a bar-graph shown on Criterion’s display. When output offset mode is active, the bar-graph is automatically u
- What happens when Criterion’s volume control knob is pressed, as if it were a pu... [Article]
The optically encoded Criterion’s main control knob can be pressed. When pushed in, it features a distinct mechanical détente. It acts as a momentary contact switch. Pressing on the volum...
- How to select battery/AC operation from Criterion’s remote control? [Article]
Criterion's remote control transmitter supports the selection of battery/AC preamplifier operations on the fly, even during active playback. From the remote control transmitter, while no
- How to configure a record select input on Criterion? [Article]
Record select on Criterion is used to assign an arbitrary input to Record output. TO perform a record select input assignment, perform the following general steps:
Enter record sel
- Why does Criterion support independent single channel phase inversion? [Article]
Criterion's independent phase inversion control on each channel is an important system debugging tool. It facilitates effective trouble-shooting of phase inversion problems on associated electronic co...
- How to configure Criterion's input offsets? [Article]
...ts input gain offset configuration from the front panel of the control chassis, as well as from the remote transmitter.
- How to adjust Criterion’s channel balanced on the remote control and on the main... [Article]
There are two methods to adjust left/right channel balance on The Criterion reference preamplifier:
Select balance on Criterion’s menu, and then turn the main volume knob clockwi
- Remote Control Transmitters [Article]
While remote control devices have been used in the consumer electronic industry for decades, they are relatively latecomers to High End audio preamplification. In 1989 Jeff Rowland introduced the Cons...
- Where are Criterion’s serial numbers located? [Article]
There are 2 serial numbers associated with each Criterion preamplifier. The serial number for Criterion’s control chassis begins with the letters “PC.” This serial number is